Illawarra, Wollongong & South Coast photographer for weddings, engagements and couples’ portraits
A couples shoot is a great way to reconnect with your partner. Weddings are amazing and I love them, but an engagement or anniversary session is so much more relaxed and low-key. We always have a lot of fun, and quite often walk away with our bellies hurting from laughter!
I run these photo sessions much like the location shoot on a wedding day… we go and explore an epic location, and allow you to be yourselves. I’m happy to provide a bit of direction where it’s needed, but otherwise you just be you… and together we’ll create some genuine moments.
Jen and Alex
Jon did an amazing job. He took the time to meet us beforehand and scope out our ideas for formal shots as well as make suggestions, and was so enthusiastic we knew we'd made the right decision. On the day he was unobtrusive whilst also capturing the whole event beautifully. The photos were stunning and we couldn't be happier with them. Highly recommended!
Zoe and Adam
Having Jon as our photographer was meant to be. He really captured not only us, but the amazing surroundings. We were absolutely blown away by the photos and cannot wait to have some framed because they entirely represent our special day. Working with Jon was a breeze, he's so accommodating and dedicated. We would highly recommend him.
Ulli and Luke
The whole experience with Jon from start to finish was just absolutely fantastic, he made everything so easy for us. He had great ideas, and when we made very spontaneous decisions on the day he went with it and took the most amazing photos. I can absolutely recommend Jon to anyone and I can say happily he won't disappoint.
Alisa and Nic
Jon is a legend and absolute professional. He made everything super easy from first contact, planning and on the day. We wanted a relaxed approach to capturing our event and left the direction and ideas to him. He completely nailed it, well beyond our expectations. Can't recommend highly enough. And he really does have ninja skills – he seemed to be everywhere and before you could blink, was gone!
Michelle and Evan
Jon provided an outstanding service – we are extremely happy with the photos and his ability to capture the moment, the photos were above our expectations and capture exactly how we remember the day going and a few extra surprises! Jon's relaxed and fun approach made it easy and fun for our four children to be involved. We highly recommend him as a photographer and an all round nice guy to share a drink with!
Maria and Chris
Chris and I had the pleasure of Jon photographing our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! His photos are stunning – creative, natural and perfectly capture the emotions of the day. Jon was super easy to deal with and absolutely professional. On the day he was a fly on the wall when required and gave direction when we needed it. We had so much fun. I have no hesitation recommending him.
Naomi and Andrew
Jon captured incredible memories of our wedding day, both formal portraits and quieter, intimate moments. My favourites are of after the ceremony – we grabbed a bottle of champagne and took an hour to relax with our closest buddies, and you can see the fun and happiness we all felt. His attention to detail – embroidery on my dress, flowers decorations, or moments of laughter – was absolutely magical.
Nicole and Guy
Thank you so much for our amazing wedding photography, you made everything feel so easy and look so beautiful! I am so glad we had you to guide our day, introduce photo shoot ideas and capture those elusive human moments throughout. You addressed everything before I'd even thought to ask, it is so nice to have someone so capable and trustworthy in the mess that is wedding planning. Being able to concentrate on everything else whilst knowing that you had photography covered was the greatest gift a Bride could ask for. If you ever need a recommendation please give them my number! Forever grateful!
PS We really loved your packaging too, just made us feel extra special 🙂
Allecia and Thomas
Thank you times a billion!
We have loved every photo and you certainly captured every moment!
Highly recommend Jon Harris photography!
Katie and Ed
Jon was a fantastic photographer for us and our wedding. He was professional and his photos are wonderful. I particularly love his focus on the environment in creating beautiful shots as well as natural portraits. He was great to work with, never intrusive and fitted in perfectly with our family and guests. I would highly recommend both him and his photography.
F$#@in’ Awesome Questions!
If you’ve decided to join me for an Engagement shoot, then this will be an awesome practice run for you wedding.
If you’re thinking about an Anniversary shoot, chances are good that we’ve worked together at your wedding (and maybe had an e-shoot too!)…
Either way, the process is much the same, and always a lot of fun .
- We’ll choose a location based on either your suggestion of a favourite, meaningful spot, or an epic location I will suggest.
Compared to a wedding, timing is much more flexible. This means we can meet at the Golden Hour just before sunset, and bask in the soft, sublime golden light!
If you’re morning people, then sunrise is just as good too .
- On the day of the shoot, I highly recommend taking some time before we meet to reconnect with each other, and remember why you’re doing this.
One suggestion is to treat yourselves to a mini-date for a bite to eat or a drink at one of your favourite spots… and this way you won’t get hangry during the shoot .
- A day or two after our session, I like to pop a few cheeky previews up on Facebook and Instagram and tag you both, so any friends and family can get a preview.
- Within 3 weeks your photos will be ready! I’ll send you a link to your gorgeous online gallery, where you can download and share your photos super easily.
Printing your photos - Albums and Wall Art
- I honestly don’t consider my job done until you have at least one of your photos printed!! Digital is awesome, but nothing beats holding a physical album, or seeing a framed print on your wall.
- All the printed products I supply are of the highest quality, and designed to last a lifetime. And of course you’ll receive all your files in high resolution, print ready JPGs, so you can organise prints yourself too.
- Me as your photographer! We’ll spend roughly an hour together exploring, laughing, and making some amazing images together.
- Edited, high resolution (i.e. print ready) JPG images from your session. These are the same files I send to my printer.
- Files delivered to you in a beautiful online gallery. You can download and share your photos super easily from here.
- Easy, online print ordering included through the gallery.
Depending on the package you choose, the following items are either included, or available as optional extras:
- Amazing hand-crafted albums, which are so luxurious… don’t feel weird if I keep asking you to touch one!
- A variety of styles of wall art, once again printed and mounted with the utmost love and attention to detail.